Studiengang Astro and Particle Physics [Master]
|Studiengang Name Englisch:||Astro and Particle Physics|
|Abschlussbezeichnung:||Master of Science|
|Regelstudienzeit (Semester):||4 Semester|
The University’s excellence in research offers optimal study conditions to students who come to Tübingen, combined with the opportunity to emphasize individual interests along the way. The attractive study environment is reinforced by many additional services, such as the Language Centre, interdiscip-linary lectures in the Studium Generale and the state-of-the-art University Library. The University motto speaks for itself: attempto – I dare!
The focus of the master programme Astro and Particle Physics is put on a distinct quantitative approach as usual in physics, along with the acquisition of essential practical skills (primarily in the lab) with respect to problem sets in the field of Astro and Particle Physics.
The Master Astro and Particle Physics is an international research-oriented two year programme established by the Kepler-Center. This programme connects science from the fields of particle physics, astrophysics and cosmology and combines different disciplines in experimental and theoretical physics, astronomy and astrophysics. The education will be in English throughout which prepares the students for the increasing internationalization in industry and modern society.
• Graduates have a sound standing in basic and advanced astro and particle physics covering various research fields, e.g. theoretical quantum field theory, general relativity, computational astrophysics, experimental neutrino physics.
• The students are capable to critically scrutinize the suitability of specific scientific methods for studying various astro and particle physics related questions.
• They are able to combine different techniques in a meaningful way to make rather complex physical problems accessible.
• The students are able to plan and undertake independently appropriate theoretical and laboratory investigations.
• Graduates can present scientific findings of their research orally and in writing. In discussions they are skilled to answer scientic questions in a proficient manner. They can communicate in English with experts in the field and contribute to discussions on current astro and particle physics related topics.
|Hier geht’s zum Studiengang an der Hochschule|
◀ Zurück zur Liste